Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking status of SQL Server Proc through Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstrike

Technical User
Jun 17, 2002
US
I have some Procedures that are being fired off by access and I need to make sure they are done before Access continues to process the rest of the code. How can I do this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Two ideas:

1. You can put a sleep line in that will cause a pause in the program for whatever you set it to. For example, Sleep 30000 will cause the program to stop for 30 seconds. But, that does not guarantee the procedure is done.

2. What is the procedure doing? Is there a loop you could put in the code to loop through and check something until the criteria is met and then continue. The criteria would be based on what the procedure is actually doing.

I have not looked but maybe check msdn.com to see if there is a property you look at to clearify when the procedure is complete.

Just some thoughts..not sure if they will help.
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back