Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking server is ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunja

Programmer
Sep 26, 2005
US
Hi,

Here is my problem...
I got a client sending request to the server while the server is on its way up...Sometimes I got a Corba Exception errors due to the server/interface is not ready to receive requests. Here is what I wanted to do:

Put a check in the code to verify whether the server/interface is ready pior to sending out the request.

Let say I have defined an interface XYZ, is there any function calls that I can used to check whether this interface is ready?

Thanks in advance for your help,

bunja

I guess this is useless, because you need that only at developing time and you often start/restart/stop the server. Corba standards don't provide such specifications. So only if you have an extension of CORBA what gives this possibility you may do that.
Usualy then creating an object you could get errors as Transient or ObjectNotExist if server is not ready.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back