Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking null values and not null values in foxpro9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki_S

Programmer
Jun 4, 2021
LK
I used select statement and got some records into cursor in foxpro. Here is my query,
Code:
stra="SELECT  cCm_Sgl_TaxInv,cInvNo FROM MIS.dbo.vInvFinalAll where cInvNo=?thisform.txtInvoiceNo.value"
SQLEXEC(hndOps,stra,'TaxInv')

And I need to check null values and not null values using IF Condition. I did my code as below and it is not working.

Code:
SELECT TaxInv
IF NOT ISNULL(cCm_Sgl_TaxInv)

ELSE
		ISNULL(cCm_Sgl_TaxInv)
		thisform.cmdCreate.Enabled = .T. 
		MESSAGEBOX("The value is already inserted")
    endif

How can I do this?
Thank you

I think you want

Code:
SELECT TaxInv
IF Reccount('TaxInv')=0 OR ISNULL(cCm_Sgl_TaxInv)
   thisform.cmdCreate.Enabled = .T.
ELSE && NOT NULL
ENDIF

Chriss

Thank You. It is working but that is not what I want.I will show my whole code here.

This is my Foxpro form.
Capture2_r70up6.gif

This is my code inside create button,
Code:
stra="select  nParaID, cParaNo, cParaYear, cParaCD from MIS.dbo.wshPara  WHERE cParaCD=?thisform.cboFactory.value+'C'"
SQLEXEC(hndOps,stra,'_wshPara')

_UpdInv=ALLTRIM(STR(VAL(_wshPara.cParaNo)+1))

stra="update MIS.dbo.wshPara set cParaNo=?_UpdInv where cParaCD=?ALLTRIM(thisform.cboFactory.value)+'C'"
SQLEXEC(hndOps,stra)

_subtaxn='SUBCM'+PADL(ALLTRIM(_wshPara.cParaNo),4,'0')+'-'+ALLTRIM(_wshPara.cParaYear)

stra="update MIS.dbo.vInvFinalAll set cCm_Sgl_TaxInv=?_subtaxn where cInvno=?thisform.txtInvoiceNo.value"
SQLEXEC(hndOps,stra)

This is my code for generate report inside method in form.
Code:
PARAMETERS CINVNO

stra="SELECT cInvNo,cFtyCD,cStyle,cGMTName,cPoNo,nInvQty,nPricePcs,nLotFob,nExRate,nTaxRate,cfacDes, cAddress, cVatRegNo,cSVATNo FROM  MIS.dbo.vInvFinalAll WHERE cInvNo= ?thisform.txtInvoiceNo.value and cFtyCD=?thisform.cboFactory.value"

SQLEXEC(hndOps,stra,'SVAT_Inv')

_subtaxn='SUBCM'+PADL(ALLTRIM(_wshPara.cParaNo),4,'0')+'-'+ALLTRIM(_wshPara.cParaYear)

SELECT SVAT_Inv

If Reccount('SVAT_Inv')>0
Copy To C:\TEMPFILES\s_vatinv Type Fox2x
      	xreppath= 'C:\TEMPFILES'
      	creppath = xreppath+"\SUSPENDED_TAX INVOICE.RPT"

With Thisform.oleprint
            .windowShowSearchBtn= .T.
            .windowShowPrintSetupBtn = .T.
            .progressDialog = .T.
            .reportfilename=creppath

.ParameterFields(0)="SubSvat;"+ _subtaxn +";true"

.printReport()
      Endwith
Else

Endif

This is the code inside my preview button.
Code:
CINVNO=thisform.txtInvoiceNo.Value

thisform.invoivereport(CINVNO)

This is the code I asked that how to check null and not null values. I did this inside my valid event in txtInvoice field.
Code:
stra="SELECT  cCm_Sgl_TaxInv,cInvNo FROM MIS.dbo.vInvFinalAll where cInvNo=?thisform.txtInvoiceNo.value"
SQLEXEC(hndOps,stra,'TaxInv')
SELECT TaxInv
	IF Not ISNULL(cCm_Sgl_TaxInv)
        else 
           thisform.cmdCreate.Enabled = .F. 
	ENDIF

When I run my form I can't preview my report without create button. It says that alias _wshPara not found.
How can I fix this?

Well, what's not to understand about this?

Only your cretae button makes the query that generates the _wshPara cursor.
Before that's done there is no cursor with that name. Not even an empty one.

Chriss

When I insert _wshPara inside the report method it generate another new report with new Invoice Number. I need to get the previous invoice number which is in sql server. It means if my sql server has cCm_Sgl_TaxInv=SUBCM0001-2020 I need to get it when I lock Create button.In here if I insert,
Code:
stra="select  nParaID, cParaNo, cParaYear, cParaCD from MIS.dbo.wshPara  WHERE cParaCD=?thisform.cboFactory.value+'C'"
SQLEXEC(hndOps,stra,'_wshPara')
this code inside my method the cCm_Sgl_TaxInv =SUBCM0002-2020, But i need it as SUBCM0001-2020. Do you have any idea of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back