Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking Email on Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

trussman

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
US
Is there a way to check individual email accounts through Exchange? We have someone on vacation. Instead of assigning a new password to their computer, and checking their Outlook, I would like to just check on the server.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any help.

Assuming you have the admin rights AND the authority from your management you can just give yourself full mailbox rights within the Exchange Advanced section of their AD account.
You can then add a new profile in Outlook or use OWA.
i.e.
Make sure that your account or any group you are a part of is not denied rights to mailboxes at the organisation level.

Neill

Actually I am the admin for our server. I am learning slowly how to manage the system. We are a small company right now.

I will give this a try.

Thanks.

Good luck.

As I stated above administrators are denied access to other users mailboxes by default.
So unless that has already been changed if you look in the security tab of the organisation you'll probably see an entry for administrators with entries in the deny column checked. If you remove the deny and tick the other box you can get into any mailbox.

Or untick deny and add yourself explicitly to any mailbox you want to look at within the AD account.

NB If you are doing this kind of thing it is best to have it in writing from management that you are allowed to and the reasons why because of privacy issues.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back