Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

checkboxlist in Modal Popup extender causing height problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sds814

Programmer
Feb 18, 2008
US
I have a checkboxlist in a Modal Popup extender. The number of checkboxes is huge causing the height of the modal popup to be too long. I tried fixing the height of the panel that the checkboxlist is in, but that didn't work. And I also tried setting the height of the modalpopup class in the css, but that didn't solve the problem either.

Here is the html code:

<asp:panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" CssClass="modalPopup" style="display: none" Width="150px">

<asp:CheckBoxList ID="chkCompanies" runat="server" Width="150px" Visible="true">

</asp:CheckBoxList>

<div>

<asp:Button ID="btnSubmit" runat="server" Text="Submit" UseSubmitBehavior="false" OnClick="btnSubmit_Click" />

<asp:Button ID="btnCancel" runat="server" Text="Cancel" />

</div>

</asp:panel>
<cc1:ModalPopupExtender ID="mpeProducts" runat="server" TargetControlID="btnAdd"

PopupControlID="Panel1" BackgroundCssClass="modalBackground"

DropShadow="true" OkControlID="btnSubmit"
CancelControlID="btnCancel"

oninit="mpeProducts_Init">

</cc1:ModalPopupExtender>

Here are the classes in the css file:
.modalBackground {

background-color:Gray;
filter:alpha(opacity=70);

opacity:0.7;
height: 300px;

}
.modalPopup {

background-color:#ffffdd;
border-width:3px;

border-style:solid;
border-color:Gray;

padding:3px;
width: 500px;height: 300px;

}

Thanks for the help!

I don't see any javascript or XML in this sample, so you may have inadvertently posted in the wrong forum. This appears to be ASP.NET stuff - you will do better to to repost in forum855 and then RedFlag this thread for removal.

Steam Engine Prints

Sorry I thought this was the General AJAX discussion Forum. I did figure out the solution though. The asp panel has a scrollbar option.

I thought this was the General AJAX discussion Forum.

It is. AJAX == [!]A[/!]synchronous [!]J[/!]avaScript [!]a[/!]nd [!]X[/!]ML.

Your question contains neither JavaScript nor XML, so it's not really anything to do with AJAX.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back