Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

checkboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tar28un

Technical User
Nov 29, 2005
GB
Hi there,

I have been given a problem to solve in a database. I m not sure which way to proceed , so I am posting this in the forum. My department looks after a lot of nursery providers in a specific area. Now after every 4 months we receive a form from them saying the no. of children they look after, their names and addresses and how many session they attend etc. Each time we receive the form we enter the data into our system manually. But what happens is that most of the pupils details are already there in the system and we do double entry. We dont have Unique pupil no. system at the moment, so I have to adopt some other approach.

Now What I have done is that when I enter the Nursery no,it gives me the no. and details of pupils already there. Now what I want is that when it displays all the records, it should give me a checkbox with each record. All the records which I want to keep the details for , I will select the checkbox against it and then I should press some button and it automatically append all the selected records back into the table with some updated fields like autumn term should change to summer term etc.

I know that there is some way of doing that, I am not sure how. If anybody can guide me through, I might be able to complete this task.

Many thanks

REgards

You may play with the ItemsSelected collection of a multi-select ListBox.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back