Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkboxes Too Small

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllieFant

MIS
May 15, 2001
US
Hello,

I would like to be able to make checkboxes bigger. I realize that I will have to make my own custom checkboxes, just not sure what the process is to do this. I have looked at the FAQ on this and I am missing something...it says to name the boxes one thing and add code to the after update of yet another thing.

If someone knows of a site that may have an example of how to do this, I would appreciate the information.

Needs to work in Access 97.
Ellie
**Using Access 97 at work**
**Using Access 2000 at home**

lena.wood@starband.net

Thanks Rick, but as I said in my original message...there seems to be something missing from it. I appreciate your effort.

A checkbox is a toggle, shown as two alternative images, dependent on a boolean value. Should not be beyond even a beginner in Access to create a checkbox of any size.
If the value of the control is initiated to false, 0, or "no", or "off", then the onclick event sets the alternative value of true, -1, "yes" or "on". The image shown, as a pair of alternative bitmaps, either a box with a tick, a cross or a blank depending on how you want your form to look, can take which image is visible dependent on the value it represents, making sure that it is refreshed by the click action.

Here's a work around:

Create a textbox named txtChecked, size it, set the font size to 18 (or whatever size you want), set Enabled and Locked properties to Yes, and add this code to the On Click event:

If Me![txtChecked].Value = "X" Then
Me![txtChecked].Value = ""
ElseIf Me![txtChecked].Value = "" Then
Me![txtChecked].Value = "X"
End If

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back