Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

checkbox remembers values

Status
Not open for further replies.

klinney

MIS
Apr 27, 2004
GB
Hi
I have a page that displays rows of a table and each row can be selected by a checkbox. Each row can also be sorted by its column heading. Once you have selected the rows you want you are taken to a new page that diplays the rows you selected.
My problem is that when i go back to my first page - the checkboxes that were selected are now unselected....i need them to remain selected. Also when sorting the column headings if any checkbox was selected it will loose its selection.
Is there a workaround?
Cheers
Kate

Are you familiar with JavaScript cookies. Once the checkbox is checked, javascript can write a cookie to the client machine stating that it is checked / unchecked. When the user returns to the page, have JavaScript examine the cookie and set the checkbox appropriately. Try the javascript forum if you need help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back