Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CheckBox not updateable Click event Doesn't fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

lameid

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
I have a bound Checkbox on a form whose Control Source is a field that is not updateable. This is informational however to the user, clicking it should run some code that results in it in effect being toggled (changes data and requeries resulting in a new value)... Easy enough I use a transparent button in front of the control. I also want the user to have a Keyboard navigation experience, so they can tab into the checkbox and when they hit the space bar, I have a key up event that runs the button's click event.

So far so good. The only other enabled control on the form is disabled with conditional formatting based on the checkbox being checked. So when that record already has the focus the only enabled control, the checkbox has focus, clicking the "checkbox" is actually hitting the checkbox instead of the transparent button because it has the focus. The click event is auto cancelled (I tried just calling the button click on it) because it is not updateable. Since it is a continuous forms, I can't just change anything (like the caption property of the button) without effecting all records.

Short of changing my requirement, any ideas?

Mouse up does fire so problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back