Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checkbox changing more than one field in a freetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcfarlane

Programmer
Mar 21, 2001
CA
On a form, I have opened the free table and want to be able to click the checkbox and the value for the tied variable to change. If the check is removed then the tied variable is changed and two other variables are changed as well. The two additional variables are logical variables. Basically renove the check turns off the other two. The other two variables are not on the same form. When I try to change them using '=' or 'store' I get an object .... not found error message. Does anyone have any ideas?

Decalare those two variables as PUBLIC variables and use them as the control source in the appropriate forms.
The decalaration shall be at such level so that they are available to all forms in whichever order they are called. ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com

jmcfarlane

You can access the other two variables through object references, assuming you have called the other form with DO FORM form1 NAME oForm1 LINKED, with oForm1.Property1 = .T., oForm1.Property2 = .T.

Chris :)

Actually what worked was pretty basic. I got confused on access methods. Variables like to have either the equal sign or 'store value to variable', but a database field likes to have replace table.field with value. Thanks to those who replied.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back