Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'Check out item message' when typing, as opposed to opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris284

Programmer
Oct 9, 2007
US
Hey,

90% of the time I'm in PB, I'm opening objects just to look at them. I have no intention of changing anything and don't want to check the object. I dislike being asked everytime I open an object "Do you want to check out this item for edit". So, in my projects properties I have

"Suppress prompts to overwrite read-only files" checked on. This way I don't get those messages bugging me everytime I want to see a file.

However, the 10% of the time I do want to change something, I often forget, make some changes, and when I go to save I am told "This object is not checked out". I then have to close the object, discard the changes, check the item out, and remake the changes.

Is there an option that I can receive the "This item is not checked out" when I begin typing/editing the file?

Hi

I am working on PB 6.5
I need help.
When ever user will move any column in the datawindow
New Window pop up window will open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back