Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check OOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucky101

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2006
AU
I have a SIP trunk that is registering every 1 minute. Occasionally the registration goes out but the provider does not respond / packet gets lost so the trunk goes out of service for 1 minute untill it retries. Shame it does not retry straight away but just goes OOS :(
If I uncheck 'check OOS' will that change this behaviour ? I realise Check OOS is to do with options messages going out but wondering if it also relates to registration failures.

I always disable check OOS - seems to cause more problems than not.

ACSS

Do you have a trace of this happening?

Usually the trunk goes out of service because the service provider denies the registration for some reason.
If that's the case then disabling OPTIONS wouldn't be the answer.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

sysmon and wireshark shows trunk goes OOS when provider does not respond (or packet gets lost) to a REGISTER.

11:03:44 151643971mS PRN: SIP Line (17) parameter 0395000000 registration has failed, setting backoff retry timer to 30 secs
11:03:44 151643972mS Sip: SIP Line (17) SetTrunkInService 0 (previous: 1, from_reg: 1, response code: 0 from_stop_trunk 0) begin checks...
11:03:44 151643972mS Sip: SIP Line (17) SetTrunkInServiceVariable to false
11:03:44 151643975mS Sip: SIP Line (17): SetTrunkInService to OOSERVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back