Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check names in contacts AND global list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leenie

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
CA
How do you tell Outlook 2003 to check names in BOTH contacts and global list? For example there is a Mary in the global list and I have a Mary in my contacts. If I tell it to search first in the global it only finds the global address and if I tell it to search first in the contacts it only finds the Contact address. I need both to be listed each time I check names so I can choose which one I want each time. Thanks very much.

Colleen Gayle Lane
Milton Public Library

We use Outlook 2003 as well. Normally once you send an email to an address, grabbing the name from the address book the first time, the next time you open an email and start typing the name in the TO field, their name should pop up as an option to choose from - this is part of your nickname file.

That's only when you have the "suggest names while completing to, cc, and bcc fields" selected. Which I do not. When I have that option turned on I find that it automatically chooses the first person listed in the drop down when you tab to the next field (subject) even though I may want the 2nd or 3rd person listed. Thanks anyway.

Colleen Gayle Lane
Milton Public Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back