Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

check in/check out source control problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

myatia

Programmer
Nov 21, 2002
When I'm logged in under my account (Misty), a couple of files are checked out (a green check mark is shown next to them). However, when I try to save them or check them in, I am given a "Server error: [page] is checked out by Misty".

I've tried restarting IIS and rebooting the webserver. I also deleted the file (from outside of IIS) and then saved an entirely new version, but I'm having the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Misty

Which source code control system are you using? Some of them have a lock file which you also need to get rid of. It is probably hidden. It may be in the same directory as the file you are checking out.

We are using basic FrontPage source control though web server extensions.

Ultimately, to fix the problem, I turned off source control and turned it back on again. It checked in the files that were behaving oddly, and everything worked after that.

Misty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back