Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check for open application window before processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaycast

Programmer
Nov 28, 2001
US
I recently developed an application that will print a barcode label using a third-party program depending on the UPC Code scanned into the program. The logic behind this is sound, however I'm running into an issue where if the spooler window for the label printing software is open (not necessarily active), the data is either mis-scanned or a label is not printed.

Is there a way in VBA that I can check to see if an external application/window is open? Based on that value, I want to either hold or continue my procedure.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I use this every day in one of my applicatons, works like a gem.

Find out if an application is running

but for this to work you need to get the class name for the object you are testing for

Get the class name for all running application

once to get the class name for the spooler application you can them test to see if it is running before you continue with your process.

Good luck
Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back