Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check for a Clsid registry key from VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauricionava

Programmer
Jul 8, 2005
US
hello,
I have a Tiff splitter that uses a DLL and adds a registry key to the computer. Is there a way to check for that registry key from the form in VB? If the registry key is not available, meaning it's not installed, then display a message.

is that possible to do?

thanks

How are ya mauricionava . . .

To get [blue]CLSID[/blue] would require an [blue]API[/blue], quite a bit of code!

However, since the [blue].exe[/blue] and [blue]CLSID[/blue] both have to exist for the application to work, whats the difference if you verify the [blue].exe[/blue] instead? . . . The [purple]Dir[/purple] function would easily accommodate this!

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997
Also faq181-2886

Howdy PHV! . . .

I use [blue]API[/blue] so much I'd forgotton about scripts! [green]Excellent post![/green] [thumbsup2] [blue]Shelling Out[/blue], always causes me to cringe . . . though I've never had a problem! . . .

I hope [blue]mauricionava[/blue] picks it up . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997
Also faq181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back