Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

check disk on Raid 1 configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanua

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
US
I have a file server running windows server 2008 standard edition and configured as Raid1 and was wondering if I could run the check disk on the volume. I have been receiving event id14, source volsnap and possible solution to run the check disk for errors on the drives since the system is not lacking any resources.
I used the Promise fast trak raid controller.

You can certainly run a traditional CHKDSK on the volume just as with any single hard drive. This will fix any windows file corruption issues as alway. But maybe before that, you might want to see if your RAID controller has a "verify" or "synchronize" feature. This will verify that the data is correctly duplicated between hard drives. That's a lower level function of the RAID controller and is independent of the O.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back