Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check cpu temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
hey i have a campaq computer but it doesnt have one of those moniters to check my cpu temp in the bios or on windows. Is there a program out there that i can download so i can check the cpu temp? Thanks

No such program exists (that I've ever heard of anyway). If your MB isn't equipped with a CPU temperature sensor then it isn't an option. It's possible that there are "aftermarket" sensors out there, but you'll have to check around.

It is possible to buy hardware equipment which will display the physical temperature of your CPU. However, your motherboard IS equipped with a sensor to tell when your system gets too hot, even though it does not display it. Unless you have every drive bay filled, with a Pentium 4 (Or high-grade AMD) system, and (or) if you're over-clocking, I wouldn't worry about heat that much.

If it is indeed a BIG deal to you, have one or two high power case fans installed. You'll never worry about heat again.

you can download hmonitor at rocketdownload.com.
good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back