Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

check box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molson

Programmer
May 10, 2000
GB
I'm trying to set an event procedure however I am having problems.<br><br>I have a check box on my form which when checked I want a field to turn color ie :-<br><br>A check box with a lable 'Paid', when clicked will change the total 'invoice value box' red, when unchecked will change the box back to white. However I only want the current record to be affected.<br><br>I have managed to change the color when I use the check box however when I click the check box all subsiquent boxes on other records also change which I only want when the Invoice has been paid.<br><br>If anyone understands what I am tring to do please help

Is this on a continuous or datasheet form?<br><br>If so, there has been a couple of posts regarding similar information lately. <br>Dev Ashish has information on his site about highlighting the current record in a continuous form. However, this is not easy code to understand, and does not handle if you want to change properties, or highlight multiple rows.<br><br>If you are interested:<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> am still under the belief that you cannot do property changes to a control on a continuous form to individual records, as it will do the same change to every record. Like for instance, If the amount in the total field is a negative number, make it red. Whether it is a change in design view, or a programatic change doesn't make any difference. If someone can prove me wrong, that would be great, as I would like to know how myself.<br> <p>Jim Lunde<br><a href=mailto:compugeeks@hotmail.com>compugeeks@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= Application Development

What about the Format property of the control?&nbsp;&nbsp;This can be used to set a field's colour in each record, for up to 4 different criteria.&nbsp;&nbsp;Check the on-line help for the details.

When you change <b>any</b> property on <b>any</b> control, <font color=red><b>EVERY</b></font> record will have the same property setting. If I change the Format, or the Forecolor, or the Visible, or the enabled property for a given control (let's say txtFirstName), then the txtFirstname control will have the same Format, Forecolor, Visible, and Enabled value for every record on the form. <p>Jim Lunde<br><a href=mailto:compugeeks@hotmail.com>compugeeks@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= Application Development

Sorry, but the Format property IS different.<br><br>The format property works with four states - Positive, Negative, Zero and Null.&nbsp;&nbsp;By setting separate criteria and colours for each of these states, individual fields in individual records will be displayed according to the matching criteria.<br><br>All the detail on using this with a checkbox is in the on-line help under the<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Format Property — Yes/No Data Type<br><br>heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back