Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Check box script

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleJW

Programmer
Feb 4, 2011
US
Hey guys,

I need a little help to get me pointed in the right direction. I have a flat database which is basically a questionnaire. Next to each question, I have a checkbox. I'm trying to figure out a script that would add fields, if they are checked, to a "output" form that can then be printed and omit the fields that are not checked.

So, right now, I have a "Print Summary" layout that would display the data, but can't figure out how to get the checked data only to display there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi

Am new to this site so only just reading posts - sorry if you have already solved this. There are a few ways to do this, one requires a set of relationships, another is to use FileMakers Conditional Formating to hide Fields and Names - finally and probably the easiest is to have all the fields on the Print layout but then set Sliding Printing so that completed fields slide up into areas where an empty field is. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back