Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cheap Ink Sticks??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozlaw

Technical User
Apr 11, 2002
US
Does anyone know of a source for GOOD ink sticks from a supplier other than Xerox. I enjoy playing with my Phaser 350, but I think the science fair project my kid just printed probably cost $200-250. The price of Xerox ink is outrageous. Are there other good sources? Please help.

I have the most reasonable ink for my phaser 350 on Ebay...about 25-30% cost of new. I would hesitate on using brans other than Xerox as there have reports of printheads problems when using off brands.

Good luck.

Bob

There are a couple sources I've been using for a while, but be sure they offer a warranty to cover you if Xerox doesn't.
Try - good prices and they offer a warranty on the ink.

Although these inks are cheaper, I advise you all not to do this.

The density of the ink is significantly different and we see heads that have been destroyed by third-party solid ink all the time.

DO NOT USE BRAND X INKS. It cost me a new printer to find this out. The warantee means NOTHING. They will replace your ink, but not your printer, They are waranteeing the INK not the PRINTER. Buy genuine ink on ebay for the least expensive source. Buy ONLY if it is in sealed XEROX tubs.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back