Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chatsworth 19" Rack and Dell Servers!!! AGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rspencer

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2000
US
Has anyone run into this problem:

Chatsworth 2 post rack. Must rack mount two Dell 2300 Servers and a Dell 4300. Bought the 2 Post adapter kits from Dell (Innovation First hardware) and followed the directions to the "T". But when I try to slide the 2300 (the first server in the rack) I notice that the server won't slide into the unit because it looks like there isn't enough room on each slide where the rails are due to the two post adapter plates not letting the slides be flush with the unit. Has anyone seen this problem before, and if so any kind of ideas?

Thanks.

Ralph

I know this doesn't help, but after looking at other vendors, the Dell Racks seem to be the best purchase. No problems installing here. That documentation is pretty good with measurements too. It may be physically impossible to put that stuff in there.

I ran into a similar problem rack mounting Sun D1000 Raid enclosures in a BeeLine rack. Ended up measuring the total height of the mounting plate, scribing the top & bottom marks and removing about 3/32" of the inside egde of the rail with an angle grinder. The Sun proprietary rails were between 12 & 14 Gauge, so it was tough to finding something to accurately measure 13 Ga. Just kind of eyeballed it. It makes a lot of sparks, so we hooked up a wet vac to the exit side of the gringer to capture dust, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back