Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ChatGTP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkipVought

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
US
Just noticed this over at Eng-Tips forum Microsoft VBA - Visual Basic for Applications

However, although AI might be a time saver, there is nothing that can replace personal learning and reasoning leading to rational and moral choices else we become like the Nazi officers who merely followed orders, standing guilty before the court at Nuremberg.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

You Matter...
unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared, then...
You Energy!

Here is a link to an interesting (at least to me) YouTube video of Tom Scott titled "I tried using AI. It scared me."

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

My local team was playing around with ChatGTP and it is scary as to how fast it can create code. It obviously doesn't always work since it is referencing off of something it doesn't have access to, but the code can be a good starting point.

I don't think AI will be able to generate true drop in code unless it has direct access to a file. If it ever gets to that point, I'd be interested to see how accurate it can be if it did.

We haven't tried general excel formulas, but I would bet that ChatGTP would be very useful for that since it is less complex than VBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back