Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Charts with Crystal Reports 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrox

Programmer
Aug 24, 2000
BR
I'm using Crystal Reports 8 with Visual Basic 6.
My chart is using a crosstab to show its values, but I don't get to change the legend of chart, size and fonts.

please help me

Marcelo
mab_nitrox@uol.com.br or marcelo@supinf.com.br

Does anyone know how to do this yet? I'm just trying to change my chart legends from North and South to January and February. I changed it fine in Design view, but when I go to Print Preview, it's still at North and South. ?????

nitrox & MelF: You will find these options under the Chart Analyser option, just select the item in the chart you wish to change within the Chart Analyser and select Format Chart/Selected Item David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Seagate Enterprise Partner

DAVID - I got into Design view - Double-clicked the chart area, selected the legend and went to Chart/Chart Options, went to Data Labels tab, and checked the Show Legend box. When I go to Print Preview - It's still not showing what I want.

As for a "Chart Analyser" - I couldn't find anything like this, I even searched Access's index, and nothing showed up???

Thanks!!

Anyone have any suggestions about this??????????????????????

Thanks!!

I don't think you can edit the legend entries, since this comes from the data.

But to get to the settings in CR8 you can:

1. Right click on the chart and select Format Chart - General.

2. Preview the report, single click on the Chart, and select the Analyzer option from the main menu bar and then select Launch Analyzer. From here you can format individual items. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

But you still cannot change the text of the legend. it has to be what the report data variable proposes.
u can change other property of this text item but not the text itself.
i feel its very disadvantageous as the database table's column name wont be that self explainatorial.

-nagraj.

try right click on group header, then change group and select use a formula as a group name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back