Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Charts in Crystal Sub-Report do not display on Main Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rguittar

Programmer
Sep 14, 2007
US
Good afternoon.

I have a crystal report where the main report has 7 parameters that I was hoping would pass to a sub-report where 4 charts have been built and would alter based on the parameters of the main report. When I run the sub-report, the charts show and run just fine. When I am in the main report, the subreport is blank except for the formulas for the chart names I have used. When I am linking them, I built similarly-named parameters, the 'Select data in subreport based on field' is blank and the charts still do not come across. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

How are you using the parameters in the subreport if they are not used for selection?
Are you seeing the parameters as available fields in the subreport?

I'm looking to use the main report's parameters to carry over to the subreport, however the subreport will do different calculating, but based on the main report's parameters, such as locations and departments. One subreport would calculate 3 year trends and another subreport is looking at a rolling current fiscal year summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back