Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Charts - Ignoring blank dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

bf2mad

Programmer
Nov 26, 2002
GB
Hi,

I am using MS Access 2000 and have a bit of a problem with one on my charts, it is supposed to generate a 4 bars one for each accounts \ clients to show how many outstanding issues there are, these 4 bars should be shown for each day.

This part works fine however I have entered data for the below dates

18/05/03
19/05/03
20/05/03
21/05/03
24/05/03

So there is a gap of several days in the middle and on the chart the missing dates are still shown on the X axis, and I do not want this I want only dates that are present in the data to be displayed

The below may help to illustrate what I mean

|
----+---------+----------+----------+----
21/05/03 22/05/03 23/05/03 24/05/03

So there is no data stored for the 22 or the 23rd so I don't want these dates displayed

The row source of my chart reads

TRANSFORM Max([Total]) AS [MaxOfTotal] SELECT (Format([Date],"DDDDD")) FROM [quy_DSKChart_Main] GROUP BY (Int([Date])),(Format([Date],"DDDDD")) PIVOT [Account];

The generated from a query - quy_DSKChart_main which prompts the user to enter a end date, so only data up to that date is displayed.

There are three fields used.

Account - The name of the account
Total - The amount of outstanding issues (for that date)
Date - The entry date

How can I get my chart not to display these dates?

Many thanks

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back