Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Charts Continue to Sum

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBuckley2000

Vendor
Oct 27, 2000
US
Hello,

I looked up previous posts stating as to how to stop data tables from summing up similar items once the chart wizard was completed. I have done so and it shows each record by itself in table form, but when I go to print preview for the chart, the data is still summed up by days - my data is broken up by date stamps (showing day and time) vs. data collected. How can just get an XY chart to graph each record and not sum up the data?

Thanks,
JF

The key is the Row Source of your chart control. This determines the values that get displayed in your chart.

Duane MS Access MVP

I went into the row source and got rid of the sum total - even with the sum total there, the data was still showing up correctly in the data table. Once I get out of the query and data table, the chart is completely messed up and it does not extract the data correctly.

Share the SQL view of the Row Source if you need help figuring what the Row Source should be.

Duane MS Access MVP

The 2 fields are called [COMBINE] and [CH 236]. COMBINE is the date stamp of when the data was pulled and CH 236 is the data points we are reading. When looking in the data sheet, the data looks good, but for some reason the graph is horrible. See below for the SQL.

SELECT Table1.Combine, Table1.[CH 236]
FROM Table1
GROUP BY Table1.Combine, Table1.[CH 236];

I would change the Row Source to:
Code:
SELECT Table1.Combine, Table1.[CH 236]
FROM Table1;
There may be some other property of the X axis that is messing up your display.

Duane MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back