Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Charts - can you format a number? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooperdam

MIS
Oct 7, 2009
US
HI I have a good working chart but the numbers used there - I need to format them. Currently they show as 1234.1234
I would like to have $1234.12. When I right click this in design all it shows is
Series Properties
but none of the options indicated formatting the number.

I am missing something I assume?

What I meant is, I have this expression:

=Sum(Fields!EXPENSE.Value)

how can I format this as needed?

Where are you displaying the number?

On the axis or against the data points?

If it is the axis then it is the axis properties you need to look at. If it is against the data point then it is the data point lbel properties you need to look at....

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Geoff, I was able to format the numbers in the chart but the title number, if you will, I cannot change. It doesn't work because I am using the SUM already on the title field. However what I can do is change the SQL, for Budget_Amount, how can I make this as $1234.01 right in the SQL?

CREATE TABLE #TEMP (CUSTNMBR VARCHAR(50), CATEGORY VARCHAR(100), BUDGET_MONTH INT, BUDGET_YEAR INT, BUDGET_AMOUNT MONEY)

DECLARE @USCATVAL VARCHAR(50), @I INT, @SQL VARCHAR(100), @Custnmbr1 varchar(50)

Do you mean you are showing the total value in the title of the chart?

If so, you can use

=Format(Sum(Fields!EXPENSE.Value),"$#,##0.00")

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Geoff, what about this one? I can't get it to compile using your last formula:

= "Overall YTD - Budget : " + cstr(Fields!BUDGET_AMOUNT.Value)

If you are in the chart header, you will probably have to use an aggregate function:

= "Overall YTD - Budget : " + format(SUM(Fields!BUDGET_AMOUNT.Value),"$#,##0.00")

Rgds, Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back