Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

charting trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Aug 6, 2001
AT
Hi, ive got the following trouble

i am making charts of hits on a website per day
with cr 8.5
1.although i use the hour function for eg the
hits per hour (which gives 1,2,3,11,23,... as results)
the chart shows in the Group Axis 1,00 , 2,00 -
how can i only show 1, 2, 3??

2. i want to show hits per weekday, it works with
1,2,3,... (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday,...)
as Group data below, but when i want to show the name of the day as group data the order totally messes up
(Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Monday,....)
i am using the WeekdayName(DayofWeek(data)) function

can anyone help me with me troubles
ca

For the first issue of the numbers appearing as 1,00, 2,00 - I would suggest you check the number format. Make sure the number format is correct both in the report itself as well as for the graph axis. I'm not too familar with v8.0 in particular but in one of the chart editors, you should be able to select the axis values and then right click will probably give you options for formating.

For the second issue, are you sorting the data by weekday? If so, make sure it isn't sorting alphabetically. From what you wrote, it doesn't look like it but just check how it is sorted. Chances are you want it to sort in order of appearance (depending on how the data comes in).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back