Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Charting Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwhager

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2000
US
I am trying to create a line chart in Crystal using the following data:

I have 4 colums that are represented by unique titles coming from the data source. My rows represent total quantity moved by an operator for that time period. So it looks something like this:
Jan 1 Jan 2 Jan 3 Jan 4
OP1 14 0 40 30
OP2 150 77 35 44
OP3 0 100 40 0
OP4 0 75 50 25
Goal 250 250 250 250
(goal is a row indicating the quantity moved goal for the time period)

The titles are in the page header and each title is unique coming from the datasource (like {HTLDR010.HT_BUCKETS_TITLE_1}, {HTLDR010.HT_BUCKETS_TITLE_2}, etc.
The detail lines contain the operator name (goal is considered an operator), and the related values from each time bucket like {HTLDR010.HT_BUCKETS_DATA_1}.

I want a line chart with the Y axis representing quantity, X axis represents the different time buckets and multiple lines representing the different operators.

I originally tried on the chart wizard the following on the data tab:
DATA ON CHANGE OF: Selected field from datasource that represents OPERATOR.
SHOW VALUES: {HTLDR010.HT_BUCKETS_DATA_1}, {HTLDR010.HT_BUCKETS_DATA_2}, {HTLDR010.HT_BUCKETS_DATA_3}, {HTLDR010.HT_BUCKETS_DATA_4}.
That gives me a correct data axis, but an incorrect group axis, as the group axis represents OPERATOR instead of the column headings. Any suggestions on how I can get this rearranged. I'm using CR 8.5. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back