Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Charting Month and Year in Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
So I have a sales report grouped by year and month within year:

Jan 2009 $$$$$
feb 2009 $$$$$
Dec 2009 $$$$$
Total 2009 $$$$$

Jan 2010 $$$$$
feb 2010 $$$$$
Dec 2010 $$$$$
Total 2010 $$$$$

Etc, etc.

Now I want to have a graph that shows Jan in the first column, with 4 bars for 2009-2012, Then Feb, with 4 bars for 2009-2012, etc., etc. I have no idea how to do this, I have been doing crystal for years but I have rarely done any charts with it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Software Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

You should be able to place chart in report footer or header.

Then group on formula

@Mth
Month(yourdatefield)

@Year
year(yourdatefield)

Ian

I already have both month and year groups, and I already have the char in the report footert. It doesn't look like I want it to, it shows all 42 months in my data sample on the X axis like so:

Jan 09, feb 09, mar 09....May 12, June 12

What I want is the same month of each year next to each other, like this:

Jam 09, Jan 10, Jan 11, Jan 12 Feb 09, Feb 10, Feb 11......June 11, June 12

Software Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

I already have both month and year groups, and I already have the char in the report footert. It doesn't look like I want it to, it shows all 42 months in my data sample on the X axis like so:

Jan 09, feb 09, mar 09....May 12, June 12

What I want is the same month of each year next to each other, like this:

Jam 09, Jan 10, Jan 11, Jan 12 Feb 09, Feb 10, Feb 11......June 11, June 12

That would indicate your chart groups are the wrong way round. In Advanced charts you should be able to chnge order of groups

How have your designated Month and Year groups?
Have you tried my formula suggestions just for the Charts

You might have to use a subreport for the charts and change order of groups for that.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back