Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Charting Events against Core Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viscount

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2003
GB
Hi All,

I hope that you can help.

I have a log file that shows events and what date / time the event occurred. I have converted this in an excel spreadsheet.

I would like to show the events as they happen during core hours i.e. 7.00am to 7.00pm?

The only way I can think to do this is to create a field in the spreadsheet with every date / time and then map the events to this 'control' field.

Is it possible to do this without having to create a control field?

If it helps the log files shows PC usage - i.e. when the PC is locked or unlocked (or in use or not in use).

Thanks

Vis.

One alternative is a 'Mock Crosstab'. This is something that looks like a Crosstab, but in fact you define each column yourself, normally as a running total. This would need to go in the report footer, because running totals count as the reports 'run' and they will not be complete until then. Crystal should have included an example along with the Crosstabs.

You can save a little time by doing a paste to a dummy report, changing the name and then pasting back. In Crystal 11.5, you can also duplicate formula fields using the Field Explorer.

It always helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back