Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart with horizontal line between points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durkin

Programmer
Nov 6, 2000
GB
Hi. I'm trying to create a line graph that has horizontal lines between the points on the graph. I'll try to explain. The graph has the time along the x-axis (just one day 0:00 to 0:00). There will be a line on the graph showing a level of energy being used. At various points during the day requests will be made to increase or decrease the level of energy being used. I don't want the line between the points to map directly to each other because that would make it look as if the change was gradual. What I need is for the line to continue paralell to the x-axis until a change is made then to go straight up (perpendicular to the x-axis) to the new value and then continue on horizontally. Any ideas?

Durkin

Why not use a histogram with no space between?

There are more than one line on the graph. I was trying to simplify the description[sad]. It is really a line graph. The only thing I can think of is to put two values in for the same time, one with the previous value and one with the new.

Durkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back