Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart statistics with asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuza

Programmer
Nov 9, 2003
YU
Hello there,

can you please suggest me on HOW TO DESIGN CHARTS WITH ASP WITH A SOURCE ON SQL-SERVER. Is there a way to find any free source code on internet and to design it by myself or I heard that you can buy controls that somebody else has design it and intergrate it in my website.

Thnx in advance,
ZuZa.

Not 100% ASP but worked for me.

Insert a web component and choose Spreadsheets and charts and then choose Office Chart.

Click Data typed into a data sheet and then click the Data Sheet button to edit.

Type your category names and put some values next to them.

This will create your chart.

Make sure you get the chart looking the way you want before you go any further.

Once you are done find the line in the code where it put the values that you typed in It should look something like

<x:Data>{1.0,2.0,3.0,4.0}</x:Data>

Now replace the values with your variables like this

&lt;x:Data&gt;{<%response.write myvar1%>,{<%response.write myvar1%>,{<%response.write myvar1%>,{<%response.write myvar1%>}&lt;/x:Data&gt;

This should give you your data in the chart.

VERY IMPORTANT - If you edit any properties of the chart it will take your variables out and you have to put them back in. I copy them before editting and them paste them back in when done.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back