Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart Percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtownbound

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
US
To improve efficiency, I'm trying to chart the percentage of shoes that required restitching per technician. Would like to ideally display it in a stacked bar chart with the percentages instead of the values.

Tech Shoes Made Shoes Requiring Rework Rework Percentage
Lois 245 50 20%
Tom 210 67 32%
Jim 230 25 11%
Mark 300 10 3%

@ReworkPerc in Group Footer - ({db.rework}/{db.shoesmade})*100

Thanks!!

mtownbound,

I don't think you will be able to chart the above percentages as they are based on Summaries (your formula, if in the group footer is most likely actually: (Sum({db.rework},{db.GFField})/Sum({db.shoesmade},{db.GFField})), not database fields as you have stated above. To my knowledge report summaries cannot be used for charting). In cases like this, I have found that a quick export to and excel template is often the most simple solution to chart results like this. I am not sure if a Database Command to generate these numbers would allow thier use for charting or not -- I have never used DB Cmds.

With the MS Excel workaround, I would create one sheet to paste the report export to, with a primary worksheet containing the charting. Though not ideal, it is the best workaround I have come up with.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Mike
---------------------------------------------------------------
"To be alive is to revel in the moments, in the sunrise and the sunset, in the sudden and brief episodes of love and adventure,
in the hours of companionship. It is, most of all, to never be paralyzed by your fears of a future that no one can foretell."

Mike,

You're right with the footer fields, mea culpa. Guess I'll have to try something else. Thanks for the feedback!!

Hi mtownbound

The best approach would be to use a Command to calculate the percentage for you, so that you can chart on that field.

If you are not familiar with Commands, post back with a copy of the SQL generated by your existing report and we should be able to help you.

Cheers
Pete.

If charting the percentages is out of the question, what about the possibility of adding a formula field in the footer that captures percentages for each technician....excluding technicians that did not require any rework?

So it would be basically copying the group footers to the report summary in one formula field, but formatted and filtering on zero restitching required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back