Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart MDB OK, ADP not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtc

Programmer
Nov 7, 2002
GB
TRANSFORM Min([CPID]) AS [MinOfCPID] SELECT [RD] FROM [BrandRespondDay2] GROUP BY [RD] PIVOT [BN];
I used the chart wizard to create this on a view I linked to the mdb. It works fine.
When I copy and paste the chart to an ADP bound to the SQL DB the link was in I keep being told that the recordsource does not exist.
I changed the rowsourcetype property from table/query to table/view/stored procedure. I've checked that the names are all correct.
The field names are like this because I got an error message saying the rowsource property can only 128 characters long.
The transform needs an aggregate function, and min returns the value I want, even though it doesn't have to do anything.
Contents I want to show. RD bottom axis, CPID vertical axis, BN series.

BN RD CPID
A 5 1
A 6 15
A 7 5
A 8 17
A 9 3
A 10 1
A 12 20
A 13 3
A 14 1
B 6 1
B 7 13
B 8 8
B 9 3
B 10 25
B 11 8
B 12 3
C 5 15
C 7 7
C 10 17
C 13 8
D 11 21
D 13 11
D 14 30
Any one got any ideas why this works in an mdb but not an adp, and how i can make it work in an adp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back