Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart Issues - X Axis Not Showing All Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelby55

Technical User
Jun 27, 2003
CA
Hi

I am using Access 2003.

I'm trying to create a line graph in Access. I have it based on an SQL statement and the data is displaying as I'd like but the axis is only showing every second value.

For instance, the data displayed is from Apr 2009 to Sept 2010. But the x-axis is showing Jun-08, Aug-08, Oct-08 etc. to Aug-10. The data points for the "missing" months is there but just no series label.

How can I get Access to show me all labels? Note that I did a search on this and found that I should go into Format Axis and under scale have the following all selected as "1":
- value (y) axis crosses at category number
- number of categories between tick-mark labels
- number of categories between tick marks

Value (y) axis crosses between categories is also selected

Hopefully someone can help with this? Thanks.

Hi,

Check the x-axis format and see if something has been set to display every other value.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Instead of a line type chart, set it as a x-y scatter plot, which will give you more control over the x-axis format. Right click on a blank part of the chart area, and select chart type, XY (Scatter) and then the subtype you want to display. ok the dialog.

Right click on the x-axis where the mmm-yy are displayed and you should have options under the scale tab to uncheck the auto option under the major unit for the x-axis, and to set it to half what is set already, i.e. 1 instead of 2 months, ok that and you should be done.

Saying that, I tried this out under Excel, and I know that Access chart controls can be rather trickier than the Excel ones. Let us know how you get on.

Hi

Thanks but I figured this out and forgot to post my results. It was simply setting the "column heads" property to "yes".

But I really appreciate you replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back