Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

panosSivTS

Programmer
Jul 6, 2016
GR
hello,
i have a report with a chart.
In X axis i have the MONTHS (given range of Dates FROM-TO).
In Y i have values.

My problem is when there is no data for some months then in X axis the month does not appear.
I want it in my chart to show all months, even there is no data for some months.

Do you know how can i solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Panagiotis

Hi,

Generally there are two types of charts with respect to the x-axis: Category and Value.

With Category axis each item has its own slot, so to speak. The position on the axis is simply the next slot in the sequence. In your case each month that has data. And the missing months simply had no data. BTW 0 is data but NOTHING is well, ER, uh, NOTHING.

With Value axis the x POSITION on the axis is relative to the scale of the axis. So if You had y-axis values for month 1, 4 and 5, then there would be no y-axis values for 2 & 3, but you would still see 2 & 3 displayed on your chart.

My guess is that you have a Category chart. You need actual data (0) for the missing months, which is usually done by performing an outer join to a calendar to include all months.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back