Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart group axis number display format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iliemoo

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
CA
Hi all,
Is it possible to change the group axis label to integer only on a chart? I've made a chart that shows data on change of a calculated field "year", however, the label looks like 2,002.00 2,001.00 2,003.00 instead of the perfered 2003. Is there a setting I might change like the onces available with field objects? Thank you in advance.

Go to the chart analyzer and right click. Choose format chart->grid->data axis->numbers and you can format with decimals or not, with a thousand separator or not, etc.

-LB

But formating the data axis only affects the vertical axis right? How do I format the horizontal "group axis"? I am using a "on change of" @Year(fldDate).

What is your group axis formula? Try changing that using the totext function. Let's assume that your formula is:

Year({table.fldDate})

Try changing it to:

totext(year({table.fldDate}),0,"")

Use this to group on in your chart.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back