Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart Format Issue - I have to reformat everytime there is a change

Status
Not open for further replies.

akabatman2

Programmer
Feb 25, 2003
US
Hi all,

I am using Crystal 9 and I spend a good deal of time formatting a chart how I want it to be. Then when I do anything like add another sub-report to the main report the chart goes back to default, adds the legend back, changes a series that I want to be a line back into a bar, changes the angle of the label from normal back to 45 degress.

It is a pain in the but to have to reformat a chart everytime there is a change in the report.

Is this a bug? or is there a fix?

Thanks much,

Tom

Did you ever figure out what was going on - I have this problem as well.

What's going on is, Crystal, or now I guess Business Objects needs to pay closer attention to the shortcommings of Crystal 9's graphing and charting tool.

It still takes hours to do what should take minutes. If I move one object it is uncool that it changes all the other objects in the chart.

One thing that really irritates me is when you want to move the series text over the top of a bar and it moves it right off the screen! Then you have to click undo and try like 5 or 6 times to get it where you want it. Piece of $hi!t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back