Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart ? Crystal 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstieg

Technical User
Nov 5, 2010
US
Using Crystal 2008 I have a an Account Analysis Report, it is a complete history of the account, the report has 5 sections all report footers.

sec 1 activity summary
sec 2 account status
sec 3 graph 1
sec 4 graph 2 graph 3
sec 5 graph 4 graph 5

sec 1 is all of the clients history for specified category
sec 2 is history by age group based on placed date
sec 3 is graph of collections by month *** THIS IS THE ISSUE *** I only want to show the last 12 months of data but it is showing ALL months, is there a way to just limit the chart information? Trying to avoid sub reports if possible.
It is a bar chart that sums pay amt by pay date....

7/2010 8/2010 9/2010 10/2010 ................. 8/2011

I only want to see 9/2010-8/2011 in the chart.

TIA

Try creating two formulas:

if {table.date} in dateserial(year(currentdate),month(currentdate)-12,1) to dateserial(year(currentdate), month(currentdate),1)-1 then
{table.date} else
date({@null})

if {table.date} in dateserial(year(currentdate),month(currentdate)-12,1) to dateserial(year(currentdate), month(currentdate),1)-1 then
{table.amt} else
tonumber({@null})

...where {@null} is a new formula that you open and save without entering anything.

Use these in the chart. There will be a space for a column on the left (missing) representing the other values. If you are not okay with that, then you should use a subreport--no particular reason not to, as speed shouldn't be a significicant factor when you are narrowing your criteria like that.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back