Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart based off of a cross tab problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

caoamo

Programmer
Oct 8, 2005
US
Hi,

Crystal XI...

I have a chart that is based off of a cross-tab report which counts the total of claims for each month by type.

The cross-tab looks like this:

Month HMO Traditional Total
Jan 5 2 7
Feb 2 1 3
Mar 8 7 15
Apr 1 1 2
May 2 1 3
Jun 8 4 12

... ... ... ...

Total 26 16 42

My chart should display a line plotted for HMO by month and Traditional by month, with a total by month line above those. I can get it to display the seperate lines for each type, without a total, or just a line for the total, but not both.....

It's set to:

On change of: Date
Subdivided by: Type
Show: count of Type

Is there anyway to add another series to the chart displaying a total for the two types by month?

I think you would have to create a separate chart where you either suppressed or made all aspects of the second chart transparent so that you could overlay it on the first chart. The second chart would use date as the on change of field and count of type as the summary.

You would have to adjust the scale on the first chart manually in the chart expert->axes->uncheck "auto range" and set the scale to match the scale that results in the second chart. This is not dynamic, but might work for you.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back