Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Character/Alignment window missing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKitto

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
Okay, I've done something so that now I can't see my character/align/transform tool window. I've tried shift F8 and also the long way by going to Window and clicking on transform.

Nada.

What am I missing and how do I get it back? Thanks from Dallas!

Glen

...first try Window > Workspace > Default...

...if this fails, try resetting the preferences file, you can do this on launch of illustrator by pressign Shift + Control + Alt while launching the program. If you get a dialog asking if you want to delete the Adobe Illustrator settings folder, click yes to proceed. Restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated...

Andrew

Yeah i have similar issues in this sense. I usually restart illustrator and then it works.

I have found a lot of Glitches in the CS3 version

I was able to get them back by going to my Applications/Adobe.... and deleting the AIpref document. Worked on the first try upon restarting AI. Thanks, All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back