Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Channel selection in multiple T1s

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluejays

Technical User
Dec 25, 2004
CA
Hi all,
I have 4 T1 PRI configured in the same router, so total I have 92 usable channels with voice traffic. I just want to know, how the router selects channels of the 92 channel pool? Is it random or round-robin? It didn't seem like round-robin.

Also, I have seen some Line code violation and Path violation error in all the T1 interfaces, however, under current interval, only one of the interface has errors, others don't have that. Others only had errors in total errors section. Is there any clock source I need to syn or any cablelength setting I need to configure? I am using AS5850 and by default, all trunk cards use the primary RSC as TDM-clock, should that be good enough? Also, about the cablelenght setting, from where do you calculate the length of the cable? starting from the AT&T connection point to the router?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back