Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Channel monitoring problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnice

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2009
TR
Anyone has problem with channel monitoring is not fuctional on client pcs sometimes?
There is no error when I log in web application and see channel monitoring on the APP server but I cant see channel monitoring client pcs. I get Connection error that says logger connection failed. Desktop tester also gave me same erros ...
I restarted monitor service on APP server but it's still not working..Anyone knows special ports should be opened? or any other related channel monitoring services name.?
sistem is 3.1 UP 11

Thanks,

User Desktop to Logger UDP 2000
User Desktop to Logger TCP 2001, 2011

Ports are opened

Clients can use BA,monitor,Reporter..etc but channel monitoring.

Login to the Perform application and enabled tech mode and go to the application cponfiguration and enabled the TCP mode and also check the host name.

Problem has been solved by open all TCP ports beetwen client and Application server.
we can not locate any specif ports.whenever trying to open new channel monitor on client machice.it use different TCP ports.

Go to Master Site, Applications, Configurations, General. Under workstation settings you have a ports settings option. By default this is Random Ports. Change this to specific ports range and open double the amount of ports you require to number of people you expect to access NICE Monitor at any time.

I am managing a similar trouble, but in this case the Screen Agent logger uses the 2102 port, and as consecuence there are showing some very short recordings (say 10 or 20 seconds).

Nice support tolds us to shut down the firewall and the antivirus.

We use telnet to test if the 2102 port is open.

when telnetting client to server we got failed

but when we use telnet to test from server to itself it gets failed too! - would it show us something relevant or we shoudnt use telnet to test ports / port ranges.

|| Thank you very much ||

Interestingly 2102 does not appear in my updated list of ports used by NICE yet older versions it does, I've included it in the list below however it's likely it's no longer required.

Are you using any sort of additional security (KSM)?
Are you working in a Citrix or Terminal Services environment? (if so then you will need additional ports).

Standard Ports Required:
Source: Agent Desktop with Screen agent
Destination: Screen Logger
Port: 30100 (TCP), 2001 (TCP), 2102 (TCP)

Destination: Interactions Center
Port: 2010 (TCP)

Destination: Applications Server
Port: 62070, 62130 (TCP)

Source: Interaction Center
Destination: Screen Logger
Port: 30100 (TCP)

It's a firewall issue.

By default monitor uses random ports. You can set these under your application settings within NICE Administrator. Standard ports NICE suggest are 1024 to 5000 but can narrow down to what you require with minimum number open being 10.

open a telnet session on these ports

command prompt

telnet hit enter
type open ip address of recorder and port number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back