Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Channel licenses for dual t1 on 412 chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjk78

Programmer
Mar 21, 2007
US
I don't have a whole lot of experience with the licensing rules on a 412 and hoped someone here could help.

Have a customer with a 412 chassis and a dual T1 (PRI) in slot A. Occasionally they'll get a Service error stating they have exceeded the maximum # of channel licenses.

Did the dual T1 cards in a 412 require the 8 channel add licenses to get more than 16 channels on the dual card? My license file doesn't show any additional, but I thought I had heard those cards didn't require the additional licenses for channels.

you are right, these old PRI cards did not require additional licenses.
The alarms are also sometimes a lot of bollocks so if you don't have any functionality problems just delete them and don't waste your time.

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca
FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back