Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

channel allocation witn nsrnmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElHedi

Instructor
Mar 5, 2008
DE
I have to backup an oracle 9i dtabase using networker and the module nsrnmo. so I have to allocate the channel for the rman script.
My networker strategy is using staging so i Have to write on disk before moving data to tape.

what should I choose for the channel type : disk or sbt_tape
if somebody can provide me some interesting doc about that it will be great.
I read the docs of nsrnmo (4.1) it doesn't give a lot of details.

What I understood is that the pool parameter is the link between rman and networker. So I gave a pool, choosed Disk as type, the scheduled backup worked without problem but in the networker volume i found nothing. when changed type to tape rman said that he cannot allocate tape.

sorry if I wrote a lot, I try to explain the situation.

many thanks

You have to use sbt_tape because the networker nmo modul will redirect all datastrema send to sbt_tape to the networker server.
Device type disk will make backups only known by rman, not by networker.
the netwoker server decides if it uses disk devices instead of tapes accourding to your pool and priority settings (nearline Storage or smart media).
For the rman process on the orcacle server this is transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back