Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chaning "scale" in Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDoll

MIS
Jan 17, 2003
US
I have a couple of users who are using Word 2000 as their email editor in Outlook 2000. When they open Rich-text messages, the "scale" shows at 75%. They can change the scale for the message they are on, but they cannot change the default. I have gone into Word (format-font-character spacing), and changed the default setting there, but it does not affect the Outlook settings. The only way I have found to make it not do this is to turn off Word as their email editor, but they would like to keep that option. Does anybody have any brilliant ideas?

Thanks!

Diana

Hi, Diana.

I've had this problem too and it's funny. What I think the users did is that they held down their "CTRL" button while using the scroll wheel on the mouse. Doing so zooms the text in and out and the changes are saved when you do this, even from the times you reboot and log back in to Outlook, I believe.

Try having them open a new message, type a few words, then hold down CTRL and move the scroll wheel on the mouse until the view is at 100%. This might be the problem. Make sure that Outlook is able to shut down 100% after doing this and it should save the changes to the view settings for the next time they open Outlook.

Hope this helps. :)

Hudey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back