Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Y-Axis Labels from Numerical to Textual

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilubmoney

Technical User
Nov 4, 2001
US
I've searched the forums and this thread was the closest thing I could find to my question/answer.

Essentially, I have a set of data that assigns numerical values to satisfaction levels (i.e. "Very Satisfied" = 5, "Very dissatisfied" = 0). I want to make a bar chart that displays categories on the x-axis while also showing satisfaction levels on the y-axis. Right now, the y-axis shows only the numerical values instead of the text "Very Satisfied" to "Very Dissatisfied." How can I edit the labels to show this? Please advise... am much obliged!

Would typing them into the chart by hand be OK? ( after setting tick-mark labels to none for hte axis )

If not, then process is very long-winded, and would use some devious trickery ( basically, creating a secondary x-y scatter on the same chart, making the line vertical, attaching labels to the points, and making the line invisible ).

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Thanks so much! That's just the answer I needed! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back