Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing working time in MS Project 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggp

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2001
US
I've created a project with about 250 tasks. This project spans over several days and a weekend. We measure small increments of time (to the minute). I started out with the standard calendar - 5 work days/week, M - F, 8 hours of work / day. It also used the default schedule of 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 5:00pm. I'd like to do a little what-if analysis and experiment with changing the afternoon schedule to 1:00pm - 6:00pm (adding an extra hour). I've done this by copying the standard calendar to a new calendar called "custom1". Now, how do I update the existing project to the new "custom1" calendar?

I've tried changing the Timescale (from the Timescale dialog's 'Nonworking Time' tab) calendar to "custom1". The timeline in the Gantt Chart reflects the change, but the tasks do not. In other words, a 1 hour task that started at 4:30pm which using the previous standard calendar spanned over to the next day. After switching to the new "custom1" calendar, the task should show a start at 4:30pm and a finish at 5:30pm (now within the working time). However, it doesn't. The task is still spanning to the next day.

How do I update the project to mesh with the new calendar?

Thanks for your help!!!

I figured it out...

All I had to do was select the correct base calendar. To do this, I went to Project->Project Information; then I clicked on the Calendar dropdown and chose the "custom1" calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back